Tuesday, July 20, 2004
1) Here's more on the Iraqi fundamentalist restriction of vice, particularly alcohol.
2) Scientists are suing the government for being unable to research the effects of marijuana effectively under our prohibitory regime.
3) Larry Flynt is expanding his pornography business to South Florida, by opening an upper scale sex shop in Ft. Lauderdale, FL (egads, that's my hometown!).
4) Four inmates in a Tennessee prison went on a beer run, purchasing more than two cases of beer while on the lam. They were promptly chastised upon their return to prison(!)
5) And finally, this Sunday I, a strapping lad 21 years of age, was forbidden from purchasing an alcoholic beverage at Wrigley Field. For whatever reason? Well, my driver license still contained the "Under 21 until" bar, though that day had long passed. Thus by a Wrigley Field rule, I could not purchase a good I wished to consume. Oh well.