Sunday, August 29, 2004
1) 19 workers for the British government have been fired for viewing pornography at work, and another 200 have been sternly reprimanded. London paper The Sun reported the charges and brought to the reader's attention that one scurrilous employee viewed over 103,000 "hardcore" images.
2) A student was taken out of school for wearing a shirt that said "Hempstead, NY". Unfortunately for our poor law enforcement officers, it was the name of his former town in, yes, New York, rather than an attempt to gratify the use of weed.
3) Here's a story about searching for a drug to cure cocaine and other drug addictions that may already have some other use.
4) In a real surprise, apparently the head of the Haitian national police was involved in drug smuggling.
5) Drunken driving deaths declined in 2003 by 3 percent, the first decline since 1999.
6) And finally, China has launched a national campaign against drugs in the entertainment sector.